This term our learning will be based around The Caribbean, and specifically St Lucia. We will be using our geography knowledge and maps skills to find out more about where it is located in the world, whilst learning about the locations of the continents and the oceans. We will be comparing the climate in St Lucia to ours and making links to our positioning in the world. Also, our science learning will help us find out about the types of habitats and animals found in hot countries.
We will also be looking at the food grown and eaten there, and will be tasting and making some of our own creations!
We will be getting creative too, looking at landscape artists and painting our own Caribbean scenes, listening to and appreciating some Caribbean Reggae music and having a go at a Caribbean dance!
As well as all this, we will be writing our own stories and information texts trying to use all our Year 1 writing skills and learning new Year 2 skills. In maths, we will focus on place value, addition and subtraction!
Our Class Priorities
- Form lower-case letters of the correct size relative to one another
- Start using some of the diagonal and horizontal strokes needed to join letters and understand which letters, when adjacent to one another, are best left un-joined
- Write capital letters and digits of the correct size, orientation and relationship to one another and to lower case letters
- Use spacing between words that reflects the size of the letters
Maths: Number facts
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.